Holt Neighbourhood Plan – update
The Parish Council have sub-groups looking at the feasibility and costings for implementing the wishes of residents as expressed in the Neighbourhood Plan : Update of where we are as at October 2017 below.
Support changes to the B3107 through the village, to mitigate the impact of vehicular traffic, including:
· Road improvements for the western junction of The Midlands with The Street should include a safe pedestrian crossing to The Courts
· Relocate the northern pavement by the recreation ground inside the hedge
· Negotiate a 20mph limit throughout the village
· Limit the speed of traffic leaving the village eastwards by reducing the width of the carriageway by the junction with Little Parks
· Create a parking area sheltered by build-outs on the northern side of Melksham Road to limit the carriageway width
· Upgrade the village gateway and improve the signage for the mini-roundabout at the western end of the village
· Review and amend the signage along the B3107
· Negotiate a ban on vehicles of over 8.5 tonnes MGW on the B3107
HPC is in discussion with Wiltshire Council, with a view to planning and costing a scheme. The biggest hurdle to overcome is likely to be funding, as Wiltshire Council has had severe pressure on its budgets, and HPC has minimal resources of its own compared with the expected cost of such a project.
It is hoped that part of the project, especially the area near to The Midlands, will be carried out as part of the new Tannery Development, and funded by the developers.
· Introduce single white lines to discourage parking in places where it is particularly undesirable
· Negotiate with the National Trust (NT) to provide sufficient off-road parking, including good walking access to The Courts
· Campaign for better public bus services.
· Consider whether Holt Community Bus could provide more services for villagers.
· Investigate the possibility of providing cycle lanes / paths.
· Research the possibility of reopening Holt railway station.
|Commercial and Economic
· Explore the possibility of offering preference or incentives to existing Holt-based businesses in any new developments
· Optimise the number of residents being employed within the village to maintain a sustainable community and limit the commuting both into and out of the village by, for example, having a jobs page in the magazine and on the website, a noticeboard outside the village hall (also for job seekers) and supporting business networking events.
HPC has made this point to HAB housing, as part of the commercial development of the Tannery.
· Identify and publish the responsibilities of landowners and public bodies to maintain drainage and local watercourses;
· Appoint flood wardens to monitor and notify potential flood risks
· Ensure routine maintenance to drains and gullies is carried out by Wiltshire Council and Wessex Water as appropriate.
Emergency flood equipment is now located at Holt Superstore. HPC has decided a flood warden isn’t necessary.
Liaison with WC and Wessex Water is ongoing.
· Develop measures and/or agreements that will ensure unhindered access across existing public rights of way; encourage landowners to remove unnecessary/illegal barbed wire fencing from public rights of way; encourage landowners to ensure footpaths and stiles are accessible to dog walkers and disabled users; encourage landowners to waymark and signpost footpaths.
· Campaign to establish new rights of way; seek to establish a recognised and accessible riverside walk alongside the River Avon; research the possibility of providing more safe walking routes out of the village to neighbouring communities; research the possibility of providing more bridleways.
· Survey and register all existing green spaces with public access within the Plan area, and propose new ones eg for tree planting, and obtain permissions and funding
· Establish the scale of support and number of residents who would use allotments; identify suitable land for allotments; engage and negotiate with landowners; obtain necessary permissions and funding; and establish an Allotment Users Association to develop and run the allotments.
Footpaths in Holt are well used, and are formally walked each year by members of HPC. Issues arising are reported and dealt with.
Potential new paths are being explored, especially to link Holt to the River Avon and canal towpath. However, such schemes are complex, involving several potential land owners, including the railways. Whilst on the council’s radar, they are essentially aspirational at the moment.
A survey of green spaces is being undertaken.
Several possible sites have been considered for allotments, and one is being progressed with the land owner, and residents. An initial public meeting was held in early October 2017. The project is ongoing.
· Identify and register those assets to ensure their retention and protection in future.
· Establish priorities which could include:
o Additional facilities for young people, such as a meeting place or skate park
o Improvements to update the sports pavilion
o A new Village Hall/community centre
An area has been identified, for use as a pump (cycle) track. This is also where possible allotments would be. As noted above, an initial public meeting has been held, and the project is ongoing.
Wiltshire Council have taken the decision pursuant to Section 38A(4) of the Planning & Compulsory Purchase Act, 2004, to ‘make’ the Holt Neighbourhood Plan. The Holt Neighbourhood Plan now forms part of the Wiltshire Council Development Plan and the policies in the Neighbourhood Plan will be given full weight when assessing planning applications that affect land in the Holt Neighbourhood Area. A copy of the Holt Neighbourhood Plan and Wiltshire Council’s post-referendum Decision Statement will be available on Wiltshire Council’s website at: http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/planninganddevelopment/planningpolicy/neighbourhoodplanning
The Neighbourhood Plan has been in development since about 2009. We have at last reached the end of the process which is to submit the final version of the Plan to a referendum of the whole village. This will be held on 24th November 2016. We have collated the archive of the development here so you can track back through the evolution and see all the various documents which have informed the process. They are grouped by year and have reasonably explanatory titles. There is an up-to-date index to the archive called: HNP Audit Trail Index 28.9.16
Please explore and feel free to download any of the documents. If you have any queries or comments, please contact The NP team via the contact form for the Parish Council.
Current Steering Group
Heather Morris, Chair
Andrew Pearce, Deputy Chair
This page is being regularly updated with new documents.
- Jan 2016 Wiltshire Council Comments Holt Draft Neighbourhood PlanJan 2016_FINAL
- April 2016 HNP Letter to Planning Inspector
- April 2016 HNP Analysis of WC comments
- June 2016 Examiner’s Letter
- June 2016 Examiner’s Report on Holt NP Final Draft
- Sept 2016 WC Decision Statement (letter)
- Sept 2016 WC Decision Statement
- Sept 2016 Decision Statement (Appendix 1)
- Oct 2016 Holt Neighbourhood Plan Final 2016-2026
- Mar 2015 Holt Review Report Appendices
- Mar 2015 Holt Draft Neighbourhood Plan Review Report
- April 2015 SEA Screening decision – Holt NP final
- April 2015 HN Plan Draft3v2
- July 2015 Holt NDP Consultation Statement
- July 2015 Holt NDP Basic Conditions Statement
- July 2015 Holt Neighbourhood Plan Final Draft
- Aug 2105 Holt NP Consultation Appendix 1
- Aug 2015 Holt NP Regulation 14 Consultation
- Aug 2015 Holt NP Consultation Summary Statement
- Aug 2015 Holt NP Consultation Appendix 2
- Aug 2015 Holt NP Basic Conditions Statement final
- Nov 2015 Reg 16 Gladman Developments Limited
- Nov 2015 Reg 16 Gladman Developments Limited (appendix)
- Nov 2015 Reg 16 David Glasson Planning LimitedNov 2015 Reg 1
- Nov 2015 Reg 16 David Glasson Planning Limited (appendix)
- Jan 2014 HP Plan Draft 1v2
- April 2014 Consultation Timetable
- May 2014 Consultation Board Amenities
- May 2014 Consultation Board Commercial
- May 2014 Consultation Board Environment
- May 2014 Consultation Board Housing
- May 2014 Consultation Board Traffic
- May 2014 Consultation Board Vision
- May 2014 Letter to Neighbouring Parishes
- May 2014 Plan Draft 1.5
- May 2014 Holt Magazine article
- May 2014 Draft 1 Poster
- May 2014 Consultation Blank Feedback Forms
- June 2014 Holt Magazine article
- June 2014 Housing Needs Update
- June 2014 Letter to Accompany Feedback Forms
- July 2014 Community Amenities Feedback
- July 2014 Commercial Feedback
- July 2014 Energy Feedback
- July 2014 Environment Feedback
- July 2014 Green Spaces Feedback
- July 2014 Housing Feedback
- July 2014 Objectives Feedback
- July 2014 Other Transport Feedback
- July 2014 Parking Feedback
- July 2014 Traffic Feedback
- July 2014 Vision Feedback
- Oct 2014 Commercial feedback response
- Oct 2014 Community Amenities feedback response
- Oct 2014 Energy feedback response
- Oct 2014 Environment feedback response
- Oct 2014 Green Spaces feedback response
- Oct 2014 Housing feedback response
- Oct 2014 Objectives feedback response
- Oct 2014 Other transport feedback response
- Oct 2014 Parking feedback responses
- Oct 2014 Traffic feedback response
- Oct 2014 Vision feedback response
- Dec 2014 HN Plan Draft 2v3
- Dec 2014 HNP People
- Dec 2014 Letter to Planning Consultants
- Jan 2013 Holt Neighbourhood Plan Initial Scoping Report
- Jan 2013 Holt Parish Council formal application to proceed with a Neighbourhood Plan
- Mar 2013 Traffic Business Questionnaire
- May 2013 Final Area Designation Decision Report
- Feb 2012 Wish List Questionnaire
- Feb 2102 Wish List Letter
- Feb 2012 Holt Wish List Results
- Mar 2012 Compendium of Traffic Issues
- Mar 2012 Holt Traffic & Wilts Strategic View
- Mar 2012 WC Housing Needs Survey
- May 2012 Buchanan Map for Village
- May 2012 Holt Transport Workshop Report v1
- May 2012 Traffic Workshop Background
- June 2012 Public Meeting Report
- July 2012 Concerns from Holt PC
- July 2012 Focus Group Feedback
- July 2012 Focus Groups Briefing
- July 2012 Recommendations to Holt PC
- July 2012 Scoping Study Draft 1
- July 2012 Scoping Study Feedback Form
- July 2012 Scoping Study Focus Groups
- July 2012 Strengths from Holt PC
- July 2012 What’s Missing, What do you Want
- Aug 2012 Local Focus Groups Feedback
- Oct 2012 Freight Assessment Paper
- Nov 2012 Scoping Study Draft 2
- Feb 2011 Holt Mag. Questionnaire Piece
- Mar 2011 Tannery Quest Letter
- Mar 2011 Tannery Questionnaire
- June 2011 Holt Mag Tannery
- July 2011 Tannery Questionnaire comments 1
- July 2011 Tannery Questionnaire comments 2
- July 2011 Tannery Questionnaire comments 3
- July 2011 Tannery Questionnaire comments 4
- Sept 2011 Report on Tannery Questionnaire
- Nov 2008 Housing Needs Survey
- Dec 2009 Love It Hate It Results